The first season premiered on September 3, 2020 and consists of 10 episodes.
Raised by Wolves centers around two androids — Father and Mother — tasked with raising human children on a mysterious new planet after the Earth was destroyed by a great war. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.
From executive producer Ridley Scott, Raised by Wolves centers on two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task. The highly-anticipated series premiere will debut on September 3rd on HBO Max. Scott directed the first two episodes of the 10-episode series, marking his television series directorial debut for American audiences. The cast includes Amanda Collin (A Conspiracy of Faith, A Horrible Woman), Abubakar Salim (Fortitude, Jamestown), Winta McGrath (Aloft, Red Dog: True Blue), Niamh Algar (The Virtues, Calm With Horses), Jordan Loughran (The Infiltrator, Emerald City), Matias Varela (Narcos, Point Break), Felix Jamieson (Game of Thrones, The Ghost), Ethan Hazzard (The Long Song, Damned), Aasiya Shah (Call the Midwife, Unforgotten) Ivy Wong (Star Wars: Rogue One, Maleficent 2) and Travis Fimmel (Vikings). The series is produced by Scott's Scott Free Productions, with Scott, writer and creator Aaron Guzikowski, David W. Zucker (The Man in the High Castle), Jordan Sheehan (The Terror), Adam Kolbrenner (Prisoners) and Mark Huffam (The Martian) serving as executive producers.
When asked what inspired the series, creator and showrunner Aaron Guzikowski explained,
- I’ve been into science fiction for all my life, basically. My father got me into it, so it’s always been an obsession of mine—and often just the way in terms of how I think about the world and try to think through these science fiction scenarios and try to understand the present day a little bit better. But I also have three young sons and, you know, just thinking about them and the encroachment of technology and what the future might bring: if should they ever be given the opportunity to start a new civilization, start from scratch, but they know what happened on Earth, you have all of that information—making that decision [of] what are you gonna take with you and what are you gonna try and leave behind? Is that even something we’re able to do, or are we so genetically programmed as human beings to keep falling back into these cycles? Is there some rut that we can’t get out of, or is this something that we can free ourselves from and find some renewed sense of purpose?
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Ridley Scott’s ‘Raised by Wolves’ Sci-Fi Series Moves From TNT To HBO Max" - Deadline Hollywood
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 "Ridley Scott’s ‘Raised By Wolves’ Lands Series Order At TNT With Scott Set To Direct" - Deadline Hollywood
- ↑ Raised by Wolves (2020): Ridley Scott’s Grim Sci-Fi TV Series - Emanuel Levy Cinema
- ↑ HBO Max Debuts Trailer and Key Art for Ridley Scott’s RAISED BY WOLVES - Warner Press Room
- ↑ Pentagram. Raised by Wolves. Season 1. Episode 2. HBO Max.
- ↑ Raised by Wolves: Ridley Scott and Aaron Guzikowski Talk Parenting on a New Planet - Den of Geek